1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Really need some help with flowchart

Hello everyone, Im new to this forum, I've recently started a computer science course and i need some help, my lecturers notes just aren't helping me on this assignment.
    I need to draw a flowchart for the following program. By no means do i wish someone to do the program for me but i would like someone to teach me how to do it for myself, i would greatly appreciate it. Heres the program description anyways:

Ok so need help drawing a flow chart for the following program.

Its for a Voting Machine!!

the system will list the names of seven candidates of an election. It should allow a voter to select up to a maximum of THREE candidates (1, 2, and 3) in order of preference where entering 1 is their 1st preference, 2 is their 2nd preference and 3 is their 3rd preference. No other entries should be made.

A voter does not necessarily have to select three candidates. In this situation, they may choose only one or two candidates. Your system should be designed to accommodate this scenario.

The system should be designed to allow vote transfers. When the candidate with the least number of votes has been excluded, all of their 2nd and/or 3rd preference votes should be transferred to the other respective candidate(s). This process should continue until there is an outright winner of the election.

The system should check for any incorrect entries such as duplicated numbers, numbers outside the range 1-3, and any other non-numeric characters. In this situation, the vote is deemed spoiled and these should be counted.
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

A flowchart is "just" a graphical form of a step-by-step process, though it sounds like you need to be as precise and detailed as possible.

Step one is going to be "list the candidates". That's pretty much set in stone. Step two has to be "prompt for votes", but that entails sub-steps like "check that the number is valid" and "check that the number hasn't been used yet".
    Give a shot at coming up with all the steps in the right order - you might have some "go to step X" steps in there, that's okay. Once those steps are right, converting them into a flowchart is fairly straightforward.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

thanks for taking the time to reply man much appreciated ! I have a start now at least! Thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo