1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Please Help me out Can u tell me some Algo abt this

Hello Every One,

H R U Doing

I am facing a problem, i am sending snap shots of my PC to the server repeatedly. It is very in-efficient as image is of almost 100-110 KB. So i want that first time i send the whole image 2 the server and every next time i want 2 send the change in the image with respect 2 the previous image. I think this will improve the data transfer.

(i m capturing the image in the form of BMP and then i m converting that 2 JPG)

Please give me some idea and algorithm 2 achieve this functionality.

Thanx In Advance.
  3. No Profile Picture

Cool Re: Please Help me out Can u tell me some Algo abt this

Originally posted by SaTaNs
    Hello Every One,

H R U Doing

I am facing a problem, i am sending snap shots of my PC to the server repeatedly. It is very in-efficient as image is of almost 100-110 KB. So i want that first time i send the whole image 2 the server and every next time i want 2 send the change in the image with respect 2 the previous image. I think this will improve the data transfer.

(i m capturing the image in the form of BMP and then i m converting that 2 JPG)

Please give me some idea and algorithm 2 achieve this functionality.

Thanx In Advance.
  5. No Profile Picture
    md_doc
    I don't know if you would actually save any space at all unless a considerable amount of the data is staying the same from one picture to the next.

The reason I say this is because you are going to have to tell the server (and have a program over there run to process this data) which bytes of data have changed. So you would have to send the byte number (location of the pixel) along with the new information (the new color of the pixel).

A lot of software, however, does do this so as long as the majority of data stays the same then it is a great idea. All you really need to do is open up both images and compare the second image to the frist... byte by byte... and send over the changes to the server where you would then have to add in the changes. That would be a very simplistic way of doing it but it is probably the best place to start.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

better idea is to compress it BEFORE sending.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo