1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Any software for database design able to draw polymorphic associations

polymorphic asociation is an association (like has one and has many) but allows to point many types of models/entities.

Like email, user has many emails, company has many emails, workers has many emails, etc.

So email handles a polymorphic association, something like
    email
    entity_type : string
    entity_id : integer

and type can be "company" "user" "worker" etc., pretty much most ORM implementation of polymorphic association.

this is like emails "belongs to" user or worker or company, etc.

is there any database design software that allow to design/draw this kind of associations ? even if a mod/plugin is needed

ive using powerdesigner for a while, but doesnt allow this type of associations, and they really common these days on frameworks and ORMs.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

Try Creately

I have used Creately database design tools for these kind of things. I don't know whether it will exactly match your need but once you add two tables and connect them, Creately lets you change the arrow type so you can show different relationships. So might fit your need.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi,

Creately database design tool is great source. But I never use before. So, I am little bit confused about this.

Originally Posted by nsillk
    I have used Creately database design tools for these kind of things. I don't know whether it will exactly match your need but once you add two tables and connect them, Creately lets you change the arrow type so you can show different relationships. So might fit your need.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

This is very useful to me and I really like it . thank you!
  9. No Profile Picture

"creately database design tools"... How it is different from othe designing tool?????
    What is its main feature???????

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo