1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Degree is necessary but its not an end stage.

other matters also responsible for it.

I am fully agree with above answers.
  3. No Profile Picture

Diffrence Between CS and SE

Computer Science is the study of computer systems including algorithmic processes and the philosophy concerned in the devise of hardware and software
    Software Engineering is the practice of conniving and implementing huge, consistent, efficient and economical software by applying the philosophy and practices of engineering.
  5. No Profile Picture

it depends on what field you wish to indulge yourself aside from your knowledge, your experience, your exposure, your training and most of all your eagerness to learn the newest technology available in the IT world.
  7. No Profile Picture

vote for degree

i think by getting SE degree you can easily perform software development
  9. No Profile Picture

but in every degree in or course in the IT has its own field...
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

re

Software Engineering is best option. As it has more and wide scope.
  13. No Profile Picture

when you say computer science its a broad term. when you grad as a CS you have many works or position to choose one of those is software engineer, DBA, SA, developer.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

it depends on the university or we can say institutes, but I prefer you to go for CS....
  17. No Profile Picture

With only about 40 percent of software developers holding computer science degrees and practically none holding degrees in software engineering, we shouldn’t be surprised to find people confused about the difference between software engineering and computer science. The distinction between science and engineering in software is the same as the distinction in other fields.[1] Scientists learn what is true, how to test hypotheses, and how to extend knowledge in their field. Engineers learn what is true, what is useful, and how to apply well-understood knowledge to solve practical problems. Scientists must keep up to date with the latest research. Engineers must be familiar with knowledge that has already proven to be reliable and effective. If you are doing science, you can afford to be narrow and specialized. If you are doing engineering, you need a broad understanding of all the factors that affect the product you are designing. Scientists don’t have to be regulated because they are chiefly accountable to other scientists. Engineers do have to be regulated because they are chiefly accountable to the Public . An undergraduate science education prepares students to continue their studies. An undergraduate engineering education prepares students to enter the workforce immediately after completing their studies.
  19. No Profile Picture

Software Engineering is a part of computer science .So both are valuable .
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am agree with many of the above replies who mean, 'Qualification does not matter if you have prior experience with the things' but still I would suggest you to go for computer science where you will have to handle multiple scripting languages unlike engineering.
    Visit ESDS website at http://www.esds.co.in/ for Rich Data Center Web Hosting and Software Services at Affordable Costs.
  23. No Profile Picture

I agree with most of their answers. It really depends on what you really like. But i prefer you choose Computer science degree curriculum rather than Software Engineering.
  25. No Profile Picture

Wich digree is best of SE and CS

Hello Guys.

owadays, All field is a very important of in life but we our explain SE and CS.

Software engineer is a not below than CS. SE market value is a good ad many requirement of SE.

And same thing is hear CS.

All your comment for iphone development are always welcome.

Thanks in advance.

27. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

The Things and tasks should be same in the both SE and CS. and also the value same but according to me The software Engineering is the best than the computer Science.
  29. No Profile Picture

Computer Science/Software Engineer Education

I got my BS in CS with Software Engineering option at Cal State Hayward. That means, I had to take extra 4 courses besides the core classes. The four courses are more like how to design using UML and proved it by creating a program.

Then I got my MS in Software Engineering at Standford University. There are hardly any programming work. Everything is about documentation, design process, ethics, and managing software developers. It's about the process of developing a software, not programming.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo