1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

UML Design problems

Hey!
    I'm currently attempting to create a battle game however designing it seems to be a bit of a problem lol.

My game involves buying Units into an army.
    When the user is ready to battle , the user selects units from the army to form a 'battegroup' to be used in the battle.

Now the problem I'm having with this is the design(obviously!). I am not sure how each of these objects have a relationship.
    The objects I have discovered so far are:
    -User
    -Army
    -Unit
    -Battlegroup
    -Game

Any help would be great thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Homework assignment?

How does User buy Units? Do they belong to the Amy or the User? Do Battlegroups belong to the User or the Amy?

You can develop different models to help you think about these problems. There's different kinds of relationships. Discover as many as you can.

I would start writing use cases as early as possible.

Drawing the multiplicities is also a good thing to do early because it's the simplest kind of entity relationship diagram you can draw. Just one User per Game? One Game per User? Add entities as you discover them in your use cases.

When you've done some of that, perhaps you will actually have some questions you can ask here? A well targeted question is far preferable to vague problem statements.
    I no longer wish to be associated with this site.

IMN logo majestic logo spyfu logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo