1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

3d diagramming tool

Maybe somebody can help me with software for creating
    3D diagrams of software architecture. Such diagrams (not formalized) are usually created to show upper levels of modular
    design (e.g. modules of OS, major components of .Net platform).
    One example is
    mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/fuzzy/fp72.html
    Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

What do you want to know? How to draw cartoons? That link is a good example of what happens when marketing gets a hold of a technical document.

If you are looking for the software used to create those drawings, there are many and we'd have to know what OS you are using. You could just google for 3D diagram software.
    I no longer wish to be associated with this site.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by jwdonahue
    What do you want to know? How to draw cartoons? That link is a good example of what happens when marketing gets a hold of a technical document.

If you are looking for the software used to create those drawings, there are many and we'd have to know what OS you are using. You could just google for 3D diagram software.
    Thank you for reply. The goal is not to create cartoons, of course, but to some extent... If you are a project manager, this is a start up project and you make presentation for investors, it must be attractive a bit... The case when this is not a severe technical documentation, this is just a prototype of future potential project, and you must show "sketch" idea of what the project can be and which modules will exist.
    I use Windows, looking for both free or commercial solutions.
    There are many 3D editors for designers, for game creators like 3DS MAX. I need something more lightweight, that's specifically
    targeted to easily draw 3D boxes, put text on it's facets, possibly for programmers. As for now I don't know such programs. Else one sample: ww.write-technical.com/126581/session1/lecture1/index.8.gif
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Take a look at Visio. That's what I use for all kinds of diagraming. If it doesn't have a template for you want, you can easily draw one, but it's got lots of 3D boxes and arrows and such. It's all you really need in my view.
    I no longer wish to be associated with this site.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo