1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need Directions Please

Could someone please send me the step-by-step directions on how to create folders to arrange all of my documents in the start menu ? I have a bunch of documents,and would like to place them in "catagory folders."

thank you
  3. No Profile Picture

Tell me what version of Windows you're using.

(p.s. In the future, this type of thread should be posted in the Beginner's forum
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: Help With Creating Folders

I have Windows XP.

thank you
  7. No Profile Picture

Alright. Try this:

Create new folders, with the names of the directories that you want to create in the start menu, on the desktop (to do that you right-click, and choose new->folder. Then you type in the name of the folder.) Place shortcuts to you documents in their respective folders on your dektop. Then highlight all of the folders (by clicking and dragging a rectangle around them) and hold control down while you drag them down to the start button, wait without letting go of the mouse button or control until the start menu pops up. You can then put your mouse cursor (while still holding the mouse button and control) over the area where you want the files to be (you should see a black line showing where it will be places). If you want it in the all programs menu, just drag your files over the all programs text and wait for the submenu to pop up. You can then place them in there.

Make sure you let go of the mouse button before you let go of control.

I hope that helped.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo