1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Front end, back end language for inventory software?

Looking for most appropriate and safe programming language for developing inventory management software. Software will be standalone.

some says for front end vb, vb.net, c++, python..

Have no clue please help..
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My suggestion if you say go with PHP instead of vb, vb.net, c++, python.After all it depends upon your need also. Because to customize PHP scripts that you would be quite familiar, so that they better fit your needs.Give you a solid base,so as to make you more valuable in future.
  5. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

My suggestion would be whatever you're more comfortable with. VB 6, VB.NET, C++, Python, PHP... They can all do it. But if you decide to develop this thing in a language that you don't know then you have two problems instead of just one.

And keep in mind dependencies: web languages will need a web server, uncommon languages may need an interpreter, older languages may need more stuff installed... There's also security, like how interpreted languages can be easily modified and how .NET code can be easily decompiled.

So I guess my answer is that if you want more detailed advice you'll have to give a lot more information about what you're dealing with.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo