1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation REST JSON Web API data collection

I am an industrial automation engineer tasked with communicating with the ****sonOne API and pulling the information into an SQL database. I am very familiar with SQL but the API communication is new for me. Can someone walk me through how to accomplish this? I have Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate and SQL Server 2012 installed.

The API info is located at ****sonOne.com/Developers

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. Please know I am new to this so please provide step by step information. Thank you
  3. Not An Expert

****sonOne API? The beginning of that word appears to be censored by our forum software - does it resemble some kind of profanity? Please try spelling it out one letter at a time, like so: w - o - r - d. Or is that actually how it is spelled, with four asterisks?

Thanks!

Edit: Ahhh, I bet it's D-i-c-ksonOne API. Is that correct?
  5. No Profile Picture

Odd. Ok here it is, eliminate dashes

D-I-C-KsonOne.com/Developers
  7. Not An Expert

Ahhh, ok thanks! Sorry about that - the way the forum software works, it censors all instances of certain words. I'll have to investigate if there's a way to make it more precise.

At any rate! Thanks for clarifying. I'll send this out over our social media channels to see if we can catch any responses there, and I'm sure that a member who is more knowledgeable than I about these things will drop by and provide tips at some point, too

Comments on this post

• R33LS agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo