Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Helpdesk - not receiving verification email

Hi there,

I signed up for the helpdesk support, but I am not receiving the verification email to proceed with a ticket.

How long does it usually take to receive the confirmation email?

Thanks.
  3. Contributing User

Hi friend. You may look in Spam/Unwanted Mail folder, maybe sometimes it just goes straight there. Just check there first.

Then, if nothing happens, the site surely has provided a confirmation page saying something like "We've sent you an email to x...@x.com, chek it" and below, almost on every site you can read something like "Haven't received your email? It usually takes (some time), but if not, CLICK HERE TO RESEND IT".

Try that. Wait 10', 30' as a really exagerated delay.

If not receiving it, then get yourself to the support part of the site, there you may email them directly via forms or via a directly mail maybe.

But mostly, it takes some time and if you keep requesting the mail, you'll find yourself with the same mail 7 times on your inbox (or more).

Check spam folder and reply. Hope this helps.

Best of luck.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by MauroEldritch
    Hi friend. You may look in Spam/Unwanted Mail folder, maybe sometimes it just goes straight there. Just check there first.

Then, if nothing happens, the site surely has provided a confirmation page saying something like "We've sent you an email to x...@x.com, chek it" and below, almost on every site you can read something like "Haven't received your email? It usually takes (some time), but if not, CLICK HERE TO RESEND IT".

Try that. Wait 10', 30' as a really exagerated delay.

If not receiving it, then get yourself to the support part of the site, there you may email them directly via forms or via a directly mail maybe.

But mostly, it takes some time and if you keep requesting the mail, you'll find yourself with the same mail 7 times on your inbox (or more).

Check spam folder and reply. Hope this helps.

Best of luck.
    Thanks friend, appreciate your reply. Unfortunately it's not in spam, but I will take the steps you suggested.

Thanks.
  7. Contributing User

Thumbs up

You're welcome. I was still thinking on some other facts contributing to your problem, have you mistyped the email address?

Maybe a simple error, just a character or in my case, running on my old Mac, when I try to make an @ the way I'm used to in Windows, I just place an (Don't even know that symbol). Happened to me before.

If not, to make sure of this, try registering AGAIN with your email.

If it allows you to follow the register, then you mistyped it.

If it denies you from registering, then that's not the problem. I'll keep thinking!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You're welcome. I was still thinking on some other facts contributing to your problem, have you mistyped the email address?

Maybe a simple error, just a character or in my case, running on my old Mac, when I try to make an @ the way I'm used to in Windows, I just place an (Don't even know that symbol). Happened to me before.

If not, to make sure of this, try registering AGAIN with your email.

If it allows you to follow the register, then you mistyped it.

If it denies you from registering, then that's not the problem. I'll keep thinking!
    Ya, I thought it was a typo too which is why I tried it again, but it gave me a message that I signed up with the email already which means that the verification must of went through. Perhaps my email system is a bit slow, so I guess I will wait and hopefully get the confirmation.
  11. Contributing User

Strange but, yeah, you may just wait some time. If not, try a temp account at live.com or hotmail, they may prove useful for this kind of things, and doesn't require a phone like Gmail. Try with one of them, if then you get no results, it's obviously a matter of the server itself.

Whatever the results, let me know!
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Strange but, yeah, you may just wait some time. If not, try a temp account at live.com or hotmail, they may prove useful for this kind of things, and doesn't require a phone like Gmail. Try with one of them, if then you get no results, it's obviously a matter of the server itself.

Whatever the results, let me know!
    To give you an update, waited for the whole weekend, but have not receive any verification emails (tried 3 separate email addresses). Not sure what's going on, but was wondering if there's another way to reach the moderators/admins?
  15. Contributing User

Send me their link. I'll see if we are missing something. Also, a really BAD practice is to look into bugmenot (google it) for shared or community logins. They're almost working.

But send me the link and I see if we can reach them!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Send me their link. I'll see if we are missing something. Also, a really BAD practice is to look into bugmenot (google it) for shared or community logins. They're almost working.

But send me the link and I see if we can reach them!
    Appreciate your help. What link do you need? What I did was go to http://www.developershed.com/esuppor...re&_a=register and register an account. It tells me to verify my account via. email, but did not receive any. If there's any other links you would need, please tell me where I can find it. Thanks.
  19. Contributing User

Registered with my domain (using Google Apps Mail).
    Successful been 2 minutes ago, no email received. I'll wait, then I'll let you know if I find any further contact info!
  21. Contributing User

Log yourself in.

Then visit the "Submit a ticket". Wait until they resolve your situation. There's no other contact info, if you make contact on other site different than the Knowledgedatabase or the Ticket Submit section, you would be - really later - kindly be asked to refer to that section. As far as i got reading, that's how they handle this kind of situation.

So try opening a ticket, if you already did, then try opening another one, someone also complained that his/her open tickets were disappearing.

I can't figure out any other wait still...
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Registered with my domain (using Google Apps Mail).
    Successful been 2 minutes ago, no email received. I'll wait, then I'll let you know if I find any further contact info!
    Thanks!
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Log yourself in.

Then visit the "Submit a ticket". Wait until they resolve your situation. There's no other contact info, if you make contact on other site different than the Knowledgedatabase or the Ticket Submit section, you would be - really later - kindly be asked to refer to that section. As far as i got reading, that's how they handle this kind of situation.

So try opening a ticket, if you already did, then try opening another one, someone also complained that his/her open tickets were disappearing.

I can't figure out any other wait still...
    The problem is, I can't "Submit a ticket" without logging in. I can't log in without getting the verification email which is what I don't have. I tried using gmail as well and it didn't work. I don't know where the problem lies.
  27. Contributing User

You're wrong there mate. I could log in, withputh receiving the email. Try again: Email:Password and then you're in.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You're wrong there mate. I could log in, withputh receiving the email. Try again: Email:Password and then you're in.
    Just to make sure, we're talking about the helpdesk support right?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo