1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Restricted to the point of no use...

We are trying to post a 'Help Wanted', seeking a programmer only to discover after registering I cannot post my email address, cannot post my website address, nor can I send or receive any private messages??? I understand the need to prevent spamming but this is ridiculous. I get a message to refer to the forum rules. I did search and could find no mention about this in the rules. Can you point out where these rules are?

Before moving on to another website to hire I thought I would ask what is one to do with such restrictions?
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Most of the useful stuff is actually in the FAQ.
    General Rules Thread
    General FAQ Thread

For your email and website you can make them less than clickable. "simproject at example dot com" and "example.com/~simproject" should work. For PMs... yeah, we know, it sucks and we're trying to change it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

Those particular restrictions are documented here.

The problems they pose for the jobs forum have been recognized but not fixed yet.

I'm not sure, but I think you can still receive private messages. For posting your email address and web address just be creative and make it not 'look' like an address. An intelligent human will figure it out, the board software won't.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thank you for such a quick reply. At first I was planning to type out the email or website like you described but thought that would also be in violation of the rules. But if it is ok to do so, I will indeed do that as a work-around.

Happy Holidays

Marcus
  9. Transforming Moderator

Originally Posted by simproject
    At first I was planning to type out the email or website like you described but thought that would also be in violation of the rules. But if it is ok to do so, I will indeed do that as a work-around.
    They're more like guidelines and are really more oriented towards spammers.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo