1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Trying to PM Admin

It appears that I am caught in a newbie limitation: I am trying to PM the admin but am restricted from doing so because of the newness of this account. I would appreciate it if an admin would contact me (either by PM or at the email address of my registration). I have an inquiry about how to post some information/announcement without violating the forum rules and I need their expert guidance.

Thank you.

Leslie D. Martin
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Us moderators can answer that for you. What's the news?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by requinix
    Us moderators can answer that for you. What's the news?
    Sorry, had to switch accounts. For some reason I can't log in with TheITSummit account using the password I created, and the password reset function isn't completing properly. It's been one of those days...

The short version of the situation is this: I am with a company called The IT Summit. We put on conferences for IT professionals and we are attempting to contact IT professionals to invite them to attend (admission is ****complimentary**** for IT professionals).

We would like to post an invitation to interested individuals and groups on your forums but we do not want to run afoul of your rules.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

I sent you an email.

EDIT: I see you already posted back, you can disregard my email.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    I sent you an email.

EDIT: I see you already posted back, you can disregard my email.
    Well, you might want to look at the first part of my email response regarding specific problems I'm having with the password reset system.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

Well, you might want to look at the first part of my email response regarding specific problems I'm having with the password reset system.
    Yeah, I think that's a known issue right now, but it's beyond my access level to fix. Unfortunately so is resetting your password, but we can try to find someone higher up to do that for you.

As for your original question, first thanks for asking about it before posting. There is a rule against self promotion of anything, which strictly speaking this would fall under, but given the relevancy of your announcement and the fact that it's free it seems like an exception might be appropriate. We have no official guidelines for an exception like that though, so some internal discussion may be required first. We'll see what others think, but personally I'm not opposed given the circumstances and the fact that you asked before posting.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Yeah, I think that's a known issue right now, but it's beyond my access level to fix. Unfortunately so is resetting your password, but we can try to find someone higher up to do that for you.

As for your original question, first thanks for asking about it before posting. There is a rule against self promotion of anything, which strictly speaking this would fall under, but given the relevancy of your announcement and the fact that it's free it seems like an exception might be appropriate. We have no official guidelines for an exception like that though, so some internal discussion may be required first. We'll see what others think, but personally I'm not opposed given the circumstances and the fact that you asked before posting.
    Thanks for the follow up on both issues. We do try to respect the rules people establish for themselves but sometimes things just don't quite fit into the rules. Regardless, I prefer to get permission first rather than forgiveness later, at least in cases such as this!!

Yes, please let us know once a decision has been made. Thank you for your assistance.

EDIT: Oh, yes...please have an admin with password reset capability contact me at the email address on file for TheITSummit user name.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo