Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
  • Jump to page:
  1. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

@tann: It wasn't a "weekend" thing, it was "once a week, resets on friday night." I saw it on monday when I got back to my desk.

@kick: FOUR ads a day is a little excessive, but we're not really being heard.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  2. Sarcky

(12:13:26 PM) ManiacDan: http://forums.devshed.com/dev-shed-l...ml#post2714746
    (12:15:10 PM) Friend: do you want me to read all that
    (12:15:16 PM) ManiacDan: it will take you to the last post
    (12:15:17 PM) Friend: also the ad pop up is annoying
    (12:15:31 PM) ManiacDan: ****ing right the popup is annoying, we've been fighting with the site admin for like a ****ing year about it
    (12:15:38 PM) ManiacDan: we've had mods quit it got so annoying
    (12:15:44 PM) Friend: right, i know
    (12:15:50 PM) Friend: just mentioning...STILL annoying
    (12:16:07 PM) Friend: and it didn't take me to the last post, it just popped up an ad, and started the page at the top, I guess the ad broke the part that was supposed to take me to the bottom?
    (12:16:45 PM) ManiacDan: Of course
    The ads are now breaking basic HTTP functionality, like linking directly to named anchor tags.

Anyone who thinks the ads are not that big of a deal, log out and then browse the site for 10 minutes.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  3. Sarcky

Speaking of bad advertising, is anyone else getting little blue arrows hovering randomly all over the site? Mousing over them expands into a banner that says "ad choices" but doesn't do anything. See attached for an example of how they cover site content.

Ads that cover site content!? On DevShed!? Say it ain't so!
    Attached Images

4. They're coming to take me away

Huge ad for Theraflu... and a small ad at the side.
    Attached Images
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. Sarcky

Originally Posted by hiker
    Huge ad for Theraflu... and a small ad at the side.
    Were you logged in as you? Mods shouldn't see them.

Apparently the blue arrows I posted yesterday are SUPPOSED to be floating on top of the existing ads. I've been noticing them on other sides. However, you may be shocked to learn that devshed's CSS is malformed and the arrows appear randomly instead of where they're supposed to be.

6. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Were you logged in as you? Mods shouldn't see them.
    No I wasn't... I know they are usually disabled from mods, but figured I'd bring it to there attention as a huge ad for Theraflu doesn't make sense on this site, nor does a picture of a cop car over to the right.

The ads went away after I logged in.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo