1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post not going through to the board

I've written post to this forum as well as other forums under devshed and why all they all saying that they are awaiting moderator approval.
  3. Not An Expert

Hello and welcome to the Dev Shed forums!

Our forums have an automated spam filter which holds back some posts in a "moderation queue." Posts in this queue require a moderator to manually approve them. Most of the time, the filter works like it should and only holds actual spam posts. Sometimes, though, it holds perfectly legitimate posts from real people. When this happens, it sometimes happens to very new users.

So don't worry, there's nothing wrong with your account and you're not being singled out. It's just a side-effect of our system. If you run into this problem again in the future, that's probably what's happening.

We should also probably talk about the posts that you made. It looks like you're looking for project ideas for PHP, Java, HTML, JavaScript, or Oracle, primarily. It's against our forum rules for a user to post basically the same question in multiple sections - so I recommend one of two things:

1. Choose a language that you most want project ideas for and make a post in that language's forum section. See what kind of responses you get, engage with people, and have a discussion. Wait a week or two, then make a similar post in another language. Hold a discussion, get some ideas, repeat every week or two. At that rate, the discussions will be real and genuine and I think it would be ok by our forum rules.

OR

2. Make a general post for all ideas that you're looking for and put it in Beginner Programming which is kind of like a catch-all category in addition to being a place for beginner questions. This way you can talk about everything you want to talk about at once without waiting between posts.

For now, I'm going to delete your posts. I don't want another mod to come by and potentially be confused about the situation. But to save you some time when you decide what you'd like to do, I'll leave one of the posts below so that you can reference what you wrote.

Hi, guys I'm searching for PHP projects that would prove to a potential employer or freelance client that I'm at least a entry level competent PHP developer. I'm about to graduate with my Associates degree in a few months and just want to be job ready. What would you suggest. I've also taken courses in Java, Sql, Html, Css, C++, and Javascript. Maybe a program that uses elements of php including these other language is possible.
    If you have any problems, feel free to PM me. I might not be able to respond until Monday though - if you email me at markr@imninjas.com I'm more likely to respond asap.

Thanks!

Comments on this post

• hexman agrees : That's a pretty good answer markroberts!
  5. Not An Expert

I think we resolved this one

morrism35 has a post here: project for real world application like we discussed.

I'll close this one up! Anyone who has similar issues in the future, please do contact me via PM or email and I can help you out.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo