1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Code and PHP Tag Buttons Sometimes Missing From Quick-Reply and Editing Bars

Mark,

Why is the PHP code tag available for the "Quick Reply" but not the regular code tags?

Forget that question. I have, however, seen an inconsistency in when/where the code tags are available.
    Last edited by FishMonger; September 10th, 2015 at 01:51 PM.
  3. Not An Expert
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Regular code tags should be available in the quick reply bar - they're the little hashtag button next to the php tags. Should be the second button from the right. Are they missing for you?

Edit: Let me know if they vanish or if I misunderstood your question! You can also post here to report an issue or request a feature: Suggestions & Feedback
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

One inconsistency is that the neither the regular nor the php code tag buttons are available when I edit a comment.

And, on occasion when posting a comment (not editing) the php tag is available, but not the regular code tag button.
  7. Not An Expert

Splitting this off into a new thread.

I think I see what you mean about the buttons not being available when you edit a comment. This is on the old vB4 Default Style, right? They're definitely not there, I agree. I'll pass that on to tech asap and ask them to add them in if possible.

I work primarily with the new devshed_2014 style, so I've never seen the [code] tags button go missing from the quick reply bar - but I'll keep an eye on it and ask the tech team to look into why that might happen.

Thanks for bringing these to my attention!
  9. Not An Expert

Ok! Our tech team has added the [code] and [php] tag buttons into the quick edit toolbar. So now when you go to edit your posts on the vB4 Default Style template, you should have them available to you!

As for the [code] tag button disappearing from the quick reply bar - if anyone else notices it happening, please post in here about it! Take a screenshot if you can.

Thank you!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo