Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

emacs

Install emacs. Invest the time to master the editing keystrokes via the tutorial. Then, daily learn a new command. This will pay off such big time that you'll regularly laugh at people who use anything else.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by b49P23TIvg
    Install emacs. Invest the time to master the editing keystrokes via the tutorial. Then, daily learn a new command. This will pay off such big time that you'll regularly laugh at people who use anything else.

Hi, do u think when am just learning shell scripting, emacs would be nice idea to install since hv heard its quite confusing as compared to vim which i hv installed...though u r right if i start with it, other editors would b cakewalk..
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

emacs

With the hippie-expand emacs command, you could type the way you do now and hv it translated automatically so that the rest of us could read your text.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by b49P23TIvg
    With the hippie-expand emacs command, you could type the way you do now and hv it translated automatically so that the rest of us could read your text.

???? in this thread you r the first person to not understand what i wrote...& thanks for info about emacs, have installed vim & working fine with it....
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo