1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Installing ionCube on UNIX

I are compiling a client server where I have successfully managed to install the web server, PHP as well as MySQL on it. The software we plan to use on this server required ionCube loaders however we have not been able to install them even after following the instructions on the web.

Using shell if I give the command:

php -v

It shows ionCube is installed:
    =========
    PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Feb 2 2012 18:29:52)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2010 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.12, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd.
    =========

However when phpinfo is run from the web it does not reflect ionCube loader:

=========
    This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
    Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2010 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
    =========

When I access the ionCube loader wizard (loader-wizard.php) file it gives the error:

=========
    The loader at /usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so does not appear to be readable.
    =========

Server error_log reports these errors:
    =========
    [client XX.XX.XX.XX] PHP Warning: md5_file(/usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/loader-wizard.php on line 2091, referer: http://XX.XX.XX/loader-wizard.php?timeout=0&ini=0&page=loader_check
    Failed loading /usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so: /usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
    Failed loading /usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so: /usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
    [Thu Feb 23 05:29:54 2012] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    =========

How do I fix this issue?
    Last edited by eludic; February 23rd, 2012 at 06:33 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Please close this thread. The issue is resolved. I ran the command in the Loaders folder and restarted the web server software:

chcon -t shlib_t *.so
    Last edited by eludic; February 24th, 2012 at 02:51 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo