1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

"sendmail -t" help

Hi!
    I am trying to FTP some files to oracle and every thing is going good and my problem here is "if the FTP fail the mail is going to admin with some blabla as subject but i need to send a message to admin saying `warning these files are not FTP to oracle` i was using [mailx -s] for which some one is not happy so i have to use [sendmail -t] how to send the subject using 'sendmail -t' please help me out because this is very important and i will be really thank full to you
    Last edited by riaz_mohd; January 21st, 2004 at 01:14 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is the wrong approach. You need to use a user agent like mailx. Or you need to be a user agent. And that is complex.

Briefly, you need to format a complete header which includes a subject line. Then you append you message to that. And feed the whole thing into sendmail.

But instead of that, you should use mailx or another user agent. There is nothing wrong with mailx. "some is not happy" is no reason to abandon mailx. If there is a valid technical reason, find out what it is. Otherwise just tell "someone" to go climb a rope and use mailx. You can't please everyone.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi! Perderabo

Thanks for your help

Riaz

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo