1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Install rsync (HPUX)

Hello,

I am trying to install rsync on a HP UX machine (HP-UX hermes B.11.11 U 9000/800) but I get execute permission denied. I checked the permissions on the binary and they are okay. I have also installed the dependencies as far as I can tell.

Im in a position where I need to get this installed but it's not what I normally do, so I am outside of my usual experience range. Although I am familiar with using unix. I am trying to use the following depot files with swinstalll

libiconv-1.14-ia64-11.23.depot
    popt-1.16-ia64-11.23.depot
    rsync-3.1.1-ia64-11.31.depot

The process seems to install without a problem, but as I say I can't use the rsync binary.

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

You say it installed ok? swinstall does provide decent logs in case you need to check to see what happened. As the file(s) seem to be present, they should have the correct permissions (another thing swinstall is pretty good at arranging). I'm a little concerned you say the server is 11.11 and the depots seem to be for 11.23 and 11.31. I'm woefully out of date on HP-UX now, but swinstall should, if you let it, do all the proper platform verifications for you and halt the install if need be.
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo