1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question 3 simple applications using classes Help Needed

Hello guys, I'm very much a noob when it comes to programming. So far I have only created couple very simple applications using nothing but couple of formulas. Now I have a project using and creating classes in VB. To complete this project I need to create 3 apps using this concept. I have spend hours on watching and reading tutorial and I can't figure this out. I'm here to ask you guys to recommend me 3 most simple applications I could create using classes, and maybe some guidelines on where to start to complete them. Thanks and hope somebody can help me, I want to pass this class, which is unfortunately an online class.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

There is nothing special about a class. Like a module, it is formless. But unlike a module, it can be used as many times as you want to declare it. There are literally thousands of examples online, varying from very simple to extremely complex. A complex example would be:
    http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=74240&lngWId=1
    In this example, I wrote a Class that replaces the Winsock Control. It can be declared and used as many times as you need. This one is usually declared "With Events" because it is event driven, but that is not really necessary for a simple application.

J.A. Coutts

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo