1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ActiveX for miscorsoft's "Sound Recorder"

I don't know too much about ActiveX's, but I am trying to embed microsoft's basic "Sound Recorder" - you know, the one under the accessories files - into a webpage. I am trying to use the <object> tag to embed these into the page. If anyone can tell me where to find the codebase for this app please let me know. I've tried to look at MSDN with no luck.
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Did you have a question about Visual Basic?
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

This is also posted in HTML. I know no one answered it there, but it's clearly not a VB issue so I'm closing this.

AFIK the short answer is: you can't. Which is probably why it has not received a response in your other post. Embed is for putting the sound recorded with a program like sound recorder on your page, but not the application. In most cases it will load an activex instance of media player, but different browsers and configs may trump that. I don't know that Sound Recorder is exposed to embed the class in the manner you're attempting.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo