1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How do you use animated GIFs in a form

I'd like to include a small animated gif in a modal form within an activeX dll.

I want to avoid having to distribute lots of supporting files with the final application and would therefore prefer to embed the animated gif within the form (rather than load it from a file on disk using the webbrowser control or similar method).

Whats the best way to do this?

Regards

Hitch
    "Slartybartfast woz 'ere"
  3. Contributing User

Hi Arthur,

Just came across the following when I was looking for something else - it MAY lead you to what you need: -

http://www.vbcity.com/forums/topic.asp?tid=29363

(keep your towel dry - planetfall coming up)
    Last edited by NicMic; July 18th, 2003 at 06:42 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Unhappy

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately the link supplied, points to a method I have already investigated, using the webbrowser control.

I've no problem with the webbrowser control per se, except that it will have to load an html page from disk (containing the animated gif) and I am hoping to avoid the need to supply additional graphics files as part of the distribution, by embedding the applicable graphics within the DLL itself.

If you know of any way to embed an html page (containing just the animated gif) within the activex DLL, I'd really like to know?

Cheers

Hagunenon Hunter
  7. Contributing User

Sorry - not my speciality.

However, I've found www.planetsourcecode.com to be a good starting point when faced with similar problems. I did a search for "animated gif vb" there and it comes up with various "pure" VB solutions (not involving embedded HTML).

(Sorry if I'm misundersatnding the problem and teaching granny to suck eggs, by the way.)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo