1. No one Important
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Building a site map

Hi there, I have an access database, which is linked to our website database tables using ODBC.

I do not program in VB at all and would know know where to start..... But basically I would like to be able to build a query, function to read in the tables and build the logical site map from that....

The main table 'Sections' has a self loop back on it self, so it can be a parent node and a child node. For each of those nodes there could be content associated with them.....

is there any code snippets which could possibly help me to loop through the section table, listing each item underneath each section for the whole database?

and then maybe write to a text file or spreadsheet or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

You should look for a tutoiral on ADO and then another on ADOX
    You can use ADO to get data out of the access database tables, but you will need to use ADOX if you want to determine things like if a certain table exists. You might get away without the ADOX depending on what you are doing.
    Most of the time ASP VBscript and VB code is almost identical so you sould be able to find plenty of example of accessing an Access database.
    --

ngibsonau

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo