1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How I can change Date format

Hello

I am working on access database and ASP.NET.

I have date column's type is datetime and its format is General Date , but I need to display it as Medium date format.

How I can change format from sql query from general to medium ?

Is it possible ? because I sarched in help and Internet and I didn't find something help.

I hope to find who knows here.

Best Regards,
    Marwa
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi Marwa

If you look at the table in design view, select the field that is set to DATA TYPE Date/Time.

Then look at the bottom of the form and you should see a FORMAT field with a drop down box. Use that to select MEDIUM DATE.

Let me know if this doesn't help and I'll try to upload a screenshot somewhere for you.

Cheers
    AJ

Comments on this post

• medialint agrees
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

If you just wanted to leave the whole database thing alone, you could simply use a Format$ function on your date inside your vb code. While a data is a date is a date, this does allow you to store data in a sort of 'default' manner inside access. In mySQL the standard date format is YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS. Even if i dont need the time I still keep it, it can be a great troubleshooting agent, and furthermore has saved a lot of headache in determining was an error by the computer(entries milliseconds apart) or was it more end user oriented (entries seconds apart).

Not a requirement, but an idea you may or may not wish to run with.

Good Luck

Matt
    "We get lost in doing, thinking, remembering, anticipating - lost in the maze of complexity and a world of problems. Nature can show us the way home, the way out of the prison of our own minds." - Eckhart Tolle

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo