1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Help with VB Regex

Hi all,

I would like to use REGEX to search for string "/>" and capture the entire string (without space) enclosed between "< and /" and replace it with <String>TRUE</String>
    for eg: I would like to search for <Monday /> then capture this in a variable say "String" and then replace this with <Monday>True</Monday>.
    Can you please provide me with the script and instructions to use the same. I am a novice at this!!

Please help.

Regards,
    Kaustubh
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Don't use regular expressions.
    Do use whatever XML parsing libraries are available to you. .NET, for one, has the System.Xml namespace.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

use replace?

Originally Posted by Kaustubh.kadu
    Hi all,

I would like to use REGEX to search for string "/>" and capture the entire string (without space) enclosed between "< and /" and replace it with <String>TRUE</String>
    for eg: I would like to search for <Monday /> then capture this in a variable say "String" and then replace this with <Monday>True</Monday>.
    Can you please provide me with the script and instructions to use the same. I am a novice at this!!

Please help.

Regards,
    Kaustubh
    if you are asking for a particular <tag/> then you could use replace in vb or even cmd

in vb A$= replace (a$,"<tag/>","<tag>true</tag>")

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo