1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Object library not registered when i open *. vbp windows 7 ?

When i open the file *. Vbp application to access the win7 microsoft object library is not registered error, try reinstalling VB6 still on the error, if opened in winxp normal, anyone know this fix when opening file in the programming win 7 ?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Do a google search for "install vb6 on windows 7"

I don't know if vb6 works on 64bit W7, your best bet is to use xpmode if your version of W7 supports it.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    --Mark Twain
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Doug G
    Do a google search for "install vb6 on windows 7"

I don't know if vb6 works on 64bit W7, your best bet is to use xpmode if your version of W7 supports it.
    I use win7 32bit. How you use xpmode ? I don't know, could you told me ?
    Last edited by dongtrien; July 13th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

xpmode is a licensed windows xp virtual machine that's tightly integrated with the host windows 7 systsem. But it's not available on all versions of windows 7, I have windows 7 Professional and use XP Mode to run older programs that don't run in native windows 7.

Check your version of w7 and then check the MS site to see if xpmode is supported on your machine.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    --Mark Twain
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Doug G
    xpmode is a licensed windows xp virtual machine that's tightly integrated with the host windows 7 systsem. But it's not available on all versions of windows 7, I have windows 7 Professional and use XP Mode to run older programs that don't run in native windows 7.

Check your version of w7 and then check the MS site to see if xpmode is supported on your machine.
    I use win7 ultimate 32bit, my problem is the code running on win7 32bit (*. Vbp). Note: not executable file *.exe, you can take this example http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...74813&lngWId=1 and run code (*.vbp) on win7 32 bit, you see code warning error ?!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo