#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    45

    Planet Source Code


    Does anyone know what happened to planet-source-code.com? It has been down for several days now, and I cannot find any info about it.

    J.A. Coutts
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    14,453
    Rep Power
    4539
    I hope they are still on the air, even though it's been years since I visited their site. But back when I was active in VB planet-source-code was a very valuable resource!

    In answer to your question tho, I don't know anything about their site.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Is planet-source-code.com DOWN?


    Originally Posted by couttsj
    Does anyone know what happened to planet-source-code.com? It has been down for several days now, and I cannot find any info about it.

    J.A. Coutts
    I am checking that too. It may be a DNS issue because "h t t p : / / down form e . org /" shows it up. I am in Georgia. Where are you?
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Planet Source Code Status requested


    Originally Posted by AlphaJack
    I am checking that too. It may be a DNS issue because "h t t p : / / down form e . org /" shows it up. I am in Georgia. Where are you?
    I just sent the owners a message about this.

    They are at "http : / / www . exhedra . com / exhedra / misc / ContactUs . aspx "
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    45
    I doubt that it is a DNS issue. Both "planet-source-code.com" & "www.planet-source-code.com" are CNAME's for pscpool.exhedra.com, which resolves to [209.34.245.72]. That address does not respond to a port 80 request, nor any other port less than 100 for that matter.

    exhedra.com [209.34.245.87] used to operate vWorker.com [209.34.245.75], but sold that off to freelancer.com on Nov 18, 2012.

    J.A. Coutts
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Psc


    Originally Posted by couttsj
    I doubt that it is a DNS issue. Both "planet-source-code.com" & "www . planet-source-code . com" are CNAME's for pscpool . exhedra . com, which resolves to [209.34.245.72]. That address does not respond to a port 80 request, nor any other port less than 100 for that matter.

    exhedra . com [209.34.245.87] used to operate vWorker . com [209.34.245.75], but sold that off to freelancer.com on Nov 18, 2012.

    J.A. Coutts
    Yes... I see that too. I just received an email indicating the same and that a migration is underway. There is no way to tell from the email where the www . planet-source-code . com will be hosted.

    I ask a direct question concerning that www . planet-source-code . com could not be reached and how/where to find the content. Freelancer . com is a totally different animal.

    Here is what they sent me...

    "Hi,

    Thank you for sending us your message.

    We are happy to announce that Freelancer.com has recently acquired vWorker. You can find more information in regard to the acquisition at http:// www.vWorker . com

    Your account, profile picture, account balance, reputation, reviews and feedback, messages, projects, and contacts are all in the process of getting migrated to the Freelancer . com platform. All vWorker users will be fully transitioned across to the Freelancer . com system. vWorker will remain in a read-only state. You will be able to log in and access your data, but not able to post new projects or send new messages. I

    By this time, you should have received an email which will include the necessary information for a smooth transfer to Freelancer.com.

    In the meantime, we have created a vWorker migration FAQ that should answer any questions you may have.

    http://www . freelancer . com/media/vWorkerMigrationFAQ . pdf

    Welcome to our Freelancer.com family and feel free to contact us at anytime. Our Support team is available 24/7."
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    45
    It's back up this morning, but with no explanation of why it was down or how long it is going to be supported.

    J.A. Coutts
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Planet Source Code


    Originally Posted by couttsj
    It's back up this morning, but with no explanation of why it was down or how long it is going to be supported.

    J.A. Coutts
    Thank you - The emails they sent me suggested it was a migration. I see the same content as before.
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    45
    I personally think that Planet-Source-Code is in trouble. I made a submission over a week ago, and I have yet to see anything.

    J.A. Coutts
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    The site is working now. Just opened it and it's back online.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo