Thread: School Project

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question School Project

Hi, everyone im new to this forum and i have a project for school, what i need is how to make a desktop like windows with a start menu, and how do i make the icons move and be able to move them, i know you have to us a listbox but i just dont know how to us it to make a desktop i gess what im asking for is how to make a fake operating system, should i us visual basic 6.0 for this or c++ i only know how to us visual basic 6.0 just starting it so im a newbe, i know the basics, and i when to planet sourc code and foun a some but know of them have what im looking for, this just a project i need for school so please help me just to get started thanks all four your help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Sounds like you need to do some more homework on computers and programming in general. Come on back if you have any VB specific questions.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

Question

I want to build a desktop like this one go to planet source code and type (Nexus Special Edition 8.5.1w Replacement shell for Windows) how can i do this.
  7. No Profile Picture

Iv been yousing vb6.0 for some time i just want to progress in my vb6.0 im sorry if i put i just tarted out what i met was that im just starting out on a harder stuff then the usual stuff i do.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo