1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Signal receiving

Hello!
    I bought USB roll-up drum kit, it's as simple as possible and very small. In drum set there was a driver and original program. But there is a problem-the sounds are very weird , and it is impossible to change them (they are so not drum sounds) ! So I decided to make my own program for the drums. But I kind of stopped in the very beginning! I don't know how to get/read the signal what drums send to computer. I need to use the signal in further programming with Visual Basic. Can someone help me with my problem?
    Thank you very much!
    P.S. I hope you understood what I meant! And sorry for my English, it's not my first language!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't know, all I can suggest is to google for example vb code that accesses usb. I think samples exist out there somewhere. Once you get vb to talk to USB, then you can worry aoub what data you need to get/send to the music set.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How you access the drum kit depends on the driver it uses. You'll have to contact the manufacturer for API (application programming interface) information.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo