1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Transferring Data Conditionally in VBA--Can it be done?

HI,

I am working on a spec for my team and their request at the time seemed somewhat simple--until I got to this part! The idea is that there are three spreads in this workbook: Credit, Investment and a report Shadow. (The report shadow will be used to compare their own data with Regional data to make sure nothing is missing.) Ideally they will fill out the Credit spread and when a loan books (or date closes) and they insert the closing date, the third spread will be activated and filter in certain information such as ClientName, DateClosed, etc. So this "shadow report" should be populated ONLY if the booking date (that one column) is posted with no duplicates. Right now I have it set up to be run by a macro. Not ideal, but it works, but it only grabs the first line and I worry about duplicate information.

Is this even possible with VBA? And if this is beyond the scope of VBA, what language does this?

Thanks for any advice!!

Sarah

P.S. I have attached my file in case it helps to see what I am "trying" to program.
    Attached Files

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo