1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

(VBA) How to develop an Organizer/scheduler

Hi there

I'm implementing an application for a hairdresser shop (with Access(VBA)!!!) , and among others I have to develop an 'easy-of-use' organiser where the recepionist will will keep the appointments. (date/time/name of customer/type of treatment/etc.)

Anyone know any site where i can find samples of an appoitment system(vb or vba) or have any idea about appointments using Access ?

Thanks .
    Christos
  3. /(bb|[^b]{2})/

This can be done in several manners.
    If you just want to use access, you could do it in the simplest method of using just forms and a daily report showing what the appointments schedule are for the day. As they add/remove/change appointments through the form it can update the report for them to view.

On a more complex method would be to have a mock report that is part of the form and it updates automatically as the add/remove/change appointments.

Through vb you would probably do just about the same thing here as the more complex method listed above for access.

This really just depends on how much effort you want to put into it.
  5. No Profile Picture

Christos,

May I humbly suggest an alternative?

There has to be an application for this costing no more than $250 (US), some probably for $50.

I'm not suggesting you put yourself out of work, but instead charge them to implement the other system. They'll get better value, and think more highly of you for your near instant turn-around with a tested, tighter system.

Try download.com.

Make sure to evaluate the other systems first. 3-6 different ones should do the trick. you will probably come across many systems with terible user interfaces and bad documentation or support, so be picky.

Ray
  7. No Profile Picture

MS Outlook (98,2000) also has a pretty decent Calendar system that even flashes a message box to remind you of an appointment. It's more intended for a single person but it would be a pretty good example.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo