1. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Report width error

I have a program that includes a data report in vb6. This report is then exported to html. When I try to do this, I get an "error: Report width is wider than paper width". According to Microsoft, there is no workaround, and this bug was fixed in versions later than service pack 4. I'm running sp5, yet the bug remains. SO: does anyone know a workaround (in spite of micro$oft's denial), or, is there a way to change the orientation of the paper I'm exporting to so that it is landscape? Or (even better) both? Thanks a lot
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

What service pack was your report created in? I have found that reports created in version earlier than service pack that errored out need to be recreated with service pack five. Once you have created the report you will need to use the orientation parameter to change the report at run time.
  5. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Thats probably it. I don't know which sp it was created in, but it wasn't five. I'll recreate it now. If it still throws that error I'll ask again here, otherwise, thanks for your help

edit: It works perfectly!
    Last edited by karsh44; July 8th, 2003 at 09:28 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo