1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

VBScript Question

I am trying to setup a login script so that my users have a standard email signature in outlook. I have a word template setup that I do a find and replace on using information from AD. Then I want to use that template to copy and use as the signature in outlook but I can't seem to figure out how.... any suggestions?

thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

location of signature?

Originally Posted by mikebrewer
    I am trying to setup a login script so that my users have a standard email signature in outlook. I have a word template setup that I do a find and replace on using information from AD. Then I want to use that template to copy and use as the signature in outlook but I can't seem to figure out how.... any suggestions?

thanks!
    where are signatures held?
    what o.s. are you using?
    which outlook version?

the signatures can be rtf txt or htm

Just did a bit or reading...

you cannot use a template in 2007 2010 but the old style copy paste signature approach should still work

try the following...

make an account and manually setup the signature for that account set use signature and close.

find the storage location of your signatures and identify the new signature by date , identify how the new account and signature are referred to.

now build a new account , but not the signature - close . Now apply the new reference system and rename the previous signature to a suitable name..

if you now have a signature then you have cracked it

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo