1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question New Job - New Duties...

So, I've just been promoted since the last guy decided to leave for those proverbial greener pastures. Anyway, now I'm in a position where I have to script all the time. Unfortunately, I've not had much experience at all with this, so I'm wondering if anyone out there can be of assistance.

I have a project in which I need to query all computers in our AD forest (desktops and notebooks only - no servers) and pull everyone's IE trusted sites. We're getting ready to lock down IE so that the end user can no longer add their own trusted sites, so if we can compile a list of every one of them out there, we will be able to move forward with little or no interruption to the user.

The problem I see is that the trusted sites are a per-user setting, so I'm assuming whatever solution I can find, will have to be repeated at each login of each user?

Can this even be accomplished via vbscript or is there another (better) way? Thank you in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

My guess is vbscript calling some wmi objects will work, but I'm not certain.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

more info required

Originally Posted by stmasi
    So, I've just been promoted since the last guy decided to leave for those proverbial greener pastures. Anyway, now I'm in a position where I have to script all the time. Unfortunately, I've not had much experience at all with this, so I'm wondering if anyone out there can be of assistance.

I have a project in which I need to query all computers in our AD forest (desktops and notebooks only - no servers) and pull everyone's IE trusted sites. We're getting ready to lock down IE so that the end user can no longer add their own trusted sites, so if we can compile a list of every one of them out there, we will be able to move forward with little or no interruption to the user.

The problem I see is that the trusted sites are a per-user setting, so I'm assuming whatever solution I can find, will have to be repeated at each login of each user?

Can this even be accomplished via vbscript or is there another (better) way? Thank you in advance.
    so that I dont have to leave site to find answer where are the trusted site values stored o the individual machines?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo