1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

[VB6]Set volume level of a SINGLE program

Hello guys

I've already posted this same question on several forums, but I've not received valid answers or I've not had at all.
    So I hope that here there's somebody who can help me.

I'm building up a little game and I'd like to insert a volume controller which sets the output volume level of sounds I play within the PlaySound API function.
    Most of people told me I've to use the waveOutSetVolume API function, but that's not what I need, because in this way I'll change the output volume of ALL PROGRAMS currently running.

What I want to do is a volume controller such as Windows Media Player's one. In fact, in WMP you can adjust the software's output volume (moving the slider near the Play/Stop buttons) without modifying the Master Volume settings. DirectSound does it, too.

So, now you could ask me why I don't use them... 'cause neither WMP library nor DirectSound meets all my needs.

Can you show any example that does what I want?
    Thanks,

3. No Profile Picture

Does anyone know? If you don't tell me so I can try to search in other forums...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer
    Does anyone know? If you don't tell me so I can try to search in other forums...
    Well, I don't know, I've never programmed sound in VB6. You might look around for 3rd party controls for sound, if any exist they may have more flexibility than MS sound controls.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    --Mark Twain
  7. No Profile Picture

Ooops... I didn't see your answer, I was occupied in another thread in another forum. I was going to post its url so others could see how I solved, but I'm not be able to post links.

There I found all that I needed. However thank you.

PS: A suggestion to mods: change this rule, please.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo