1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

VBA Message Pop-up "Not Found"

I am getting strange error when I open a word document that has VBA code behind it. Every once in a while it pop-ups a message that just says "Not Found" it has to be click for the process to finish. It doe snot seem to cause any issues. It happens when the doc is being closed or opened. It happens very rarely. The macros are looking for cells on the doc and performing edits with them. I tried replicating the problem but cannot find the cause. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  3. Not An Expert

Hello,

Is this happening with a specific word document, or with all word documents with VBA code behind them? What's the word doc about/like?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by markroberts
    Hello,

Is this happening with a specific word document, or with all word documents with VBA code behind them? What's the word doc about/like?
    It is happening with specific word documents that are being opened in Lotus Notes. Basically what is happening is that Lotus notes is opening the document and then scanning the word doc and imputing data to the document. Plus, in the background are VB macros in word that are scanning and verifying the document also. It is a rather complicated process. However, the pop up message is clearly a VBA message that just says "Not Found" it does not indicate where it is occuring or what kind of error, and it only occurs occasionally. This is in word 2010. Any suggestions would be great I tried messing up the document and seeing it I can replicate the issue and have had no luck yet.
  7. Not An Expert

Thanks for providing more info! I'll reach out over our social media connections to see if we can drag any answers from there.

In the meantime, a wiser user than I might also drop in with their thoughts!
  9. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Let me see if I'm following you here. You're getting a VBA error from a Word Macro when you open the document in Lotus Notes?

Aside from my confusion with how you're opening the file, you say that you are sure that the error is a VBScript error. VBScript does not throw "not found" errors. VBScript throws 800 series errors when run through the WSH engines. When run through Office, VBA errors will cause the script to halt and it will open the default debugger to the point in the code where execution halted.

If you see just a plain old dialog box, then the error is being thrown by your macro directly and you should be able to scan the code and find the exact source of the error by determining where the message box is being called.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Thanks Nilpo!
    Don't like me? Click it.

Scripting problems? Windows questions? Ask the Windows Guru!

Stay up to date with all of my latest content. Follow me on Twitter!

Help us help you! Post your exact error message with these easy tips!
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Nilpo
    Let me see if I'm following you here. You're getting a VBA error from a Word Macro when you open the document in Lotus Notes?

Aside from my confusion with how you're opening the file, you say that you are sure that the error is a VBScript error. VBScript does not throw "not found" errors. VBScript throws 800 series errors when run through the WSH engines. When run through Office, VBA errors will cause the script to halt and it will open the default debugger to the point in the code where execution halted.

If you see just a plain old dialog box, then the error is being thrown by your macro directly and you should be able to scan the code and find the exact source of the error by determining where the message box is being called.
    The error mostly occurs when closing the word doc. I am not able to replicate the error I just occasionally see it popup but it does not affect any of the process. The auto close is saving the document to a folder and also retrieving data from a Lotus DB. I am wondering if the error is occurring because a process is not finishing before another starts and maybe that is it? I really have no clue it is hard to debug it.
  13. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

It sounds like the macro is putting up a message box. I'd scan over the macro code and look for the MsgBox function with the text "not found". You should be able to examine the code and see what process is failing. I can't really help any further than that. You could try posting a screenshot next time it happens, but be careful not to include any sensitive information. I'd also be happy to look at your macro for you, but the same warning applies.
    Don't like me? Click it.

Scripting problems? Windows questions? Ask the Windows Guru!

Stay up to date with all of my latest content. Follow me on Twitter!

Help us help you! Post your exact error message with these easy tips!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo