1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

2d image to 3d wireframe?

is it possible to sue some kind of program whcih can take a 2d image and then make it into a 3d wireframe?

like a 2d image of a car, for flash purposes i need to make the 2d image of a car that i have into some kind of wireframe
    I write bugs with code in it
  3. Doggie
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Not from a single image. But I have seen a program that will convert multiple images into a 3D object.

Here's a review of the program:
    http://www.macaddict.com/issues/0304/rev.uzr3d.html

A clip from their review:

UZR performs admirably (surprisingly so, actually) in extrapolating a batch of digital photos into a 3D wireframe model with minimal fuss and not a huge time investment on your part. The steps are as follows: Print out the photo-stage template (a pattern of circles that UZR 3D uses to calibrate the disparate images of the subject), shoot a bunch of digital photos of your subject on the template, adjust for color and exposure as necessary, calibrate the images (more on that later), mask out the backgrounds, and finally click UZR 3D's 3D button.

For something as big as your car though, it may not work properly, since they need the background to have a pattern of circles on it.

The company's web site contains a demo.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

thanks, that does look like a pretty powerful program ill have to check into that..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo