Thread: Affiliate CMS

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Affiliate CMS

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but I cannot find anywhere which is better.

I'm looking to make an affiliate website which will be much like an e-commerce website in that it will have a large stock of products being sold but the actual sales won't take part on my site they'll be forwarded on.

I was wondering what type of CMS would you guys recommend for such a site? I was thinking of Magento but I've not used it before (not that I mind learning it) so I'm not sure if it's well suited to this kind of site.

All input is more than welcome, thank you in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by El Barto
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but I cannot find anywhere which is better.

I'm looking to make an affiliate website which will be much like an e-commerce website in that it will have a large stock of products being sold but the actual sales won't take part on my site they'll be forwarded on.

I was wondering what type of CMS would you guys recommend for such a site? I was thinking of Magento but I've not used it before (not that I mind learning it) so I'm not sure if it's well suited to this kind of site.

All input is more than welcome, thank you in advance.
    shamelessly bumping this thread, for I am in need of it too. I'm reading up a slideshare about using wordpress as a cms for that :

http://www.slideshare.net/vegasgeek/using-wordpress-as-a-cms-for-affiliate-marketing

I found this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/alfie-the-productfeedtool-wp-plugin/
    Last edited by fangore; August 31st, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Like my post? Rep me !

For the dutch peeps: GamePlay Nation

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo