1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am stuck,need help plz...

Hello,i just got a domain & web space at godaddy to learn web designing by myself.
    They provide Website builder & cpanel to design sites with help of themes & tools.
    I designed a small site in website builder.
    Now i want to change it and design in cpanel to use wordpress & other plugins but I cant because it shows that
    I dont have a domain when i click launch in webhosting.Since my domain is already in use in web site builder.
    I am stuck now and cant find the solution anywhere.

How can I use the same domain to design my site in cpanel.Its ok if i lose all of previous work & need to start again in cpanel. Plz help & reply ASAP...
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

I just install WordPress my self just to see how it looks like.

During the installation, I had the option to specify a domain and a sub-folder.

That mean my standard page is at domain.com while I can access my WordPress installation at domain.com/wp (or what folder name you choose).

If you do need a specific domain, you could try to create a sub-domain, e.g. wp.domain.com. But you still have to install it into its own (sub) folder, for not overwritten existing content.
  5. No Profile Picture

It shows i dont have any primary domain to use & i can u se a sub domain.I want to create my website from start in wordpress ,which i have already built in website builder.Is there any way to do that ?
    And listen,options in website builder shows i have 1 gb space and option in web hosting shows i have 30gb space.So can i buy a domain and create another site in
    webhost too ?

I am completely confused here.Is there a way to make my already built site(in website builder) from start in cpanel or i need to buy a new domain for it ?
  7. No Profile Picture

Contact with Godaddy support team & let them know your issue, Well according to my opinion they reply you when you had resolve your problem by yourself.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo