1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Band booking website ideas

Hi, I'm wanting to make a website where bands can sign up and make themselves available for gigs, upload demo's and pictures and venues can sign up and book them, paying for the service online.

Something similar to (alivenation dot com)

Do any of you know what sort of scripts i'd need or is there something similar that has been pre-made that i could customise to suit my needs?

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

Sorry i meant alivenetwork dot com
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello rshaw06194,

Providing you are signed up to a web host, then I believe using an open source content management system called WordPress would be ideal to pull of this type of job.

There isn't any limitations with what you can do with WordPress (that may be debatable by other coders here) but if you know what your doing in regards to HTML/CSS then things should fall in to place nicely for you.

WordPress has tons and tons of Plug-ins that you can install on to your website that will manage online bookings, payment handling and direct contact with customers.

You could even give the availability of new visitors to the option of signing up to a newsletter through your website to keep them updated with the latest news and announcements that are taking place within your band.

There is a huge gallery of free and commercial themes that you can install on to your WordPress website. However, you could design your own theme and have no third-party branding on it whatsoever if that's what your looking for.

In regards to interactivity, very similar to themes, there are tons of interactive video/slideshow/audio players that would be ideal for a musician/band type of website.

As I said earlier within the post, providing you already have web hosting, you can just go along here and download WordPress totally free - http://www.wordpress.org/download/

Josh.
  7. No Profile Picture

Brilliant thanks very much for the reply. I was thinking along the lines of something like wordpress or joomla. I've never used these before but I am familiar with magento so i assume its probably quite similar in some aspects, HTML and CSS aren't a problem. The only thing thats going to throw me really is the dual log in, for example a log in area for bands that sign up and a log in area for the customers who want to book the bands. Do you have any idea what would be the best way to go about doing this?

Thanks
  9. No Profile Picture

No problem!

Dual log-ins can be easily achieved with WordPress and I'd be more than happy to assist you when it comes to setting anything like this up

I've setup multiple log-ins for a vast amount of my clients websites that have been created through WordPress.

Also, there are plenty of Permission plug-ins for WordPress where the customers can access different content and pages (exclusive content) if you prefer, based on what groups you put the members in.

Josh.
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks very much josh your help is much appreciated. I'll start working on the website this week and if I have any problems I'll post on here!

Rich

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo