1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Banner on a dynamic site

I previously had a site that was static at 750px wide. I recently worked at it, and changed it to stretch for higher resolutions so now it`s dynamic.

The problem is, and I`m no expert!! I have a banner/logo that is also 750px wide, but now that the site is dynamic it obviously leaves a big gap to the right on higher resolutions.

So how (in laymens terms) can I get around this?

Someone mentioned tiling, but I really don`t understand that too well. Is it possible to create the same banner but in two different sizes, to accomodate the resolutions. Maybe a script of some kind that can detect what resolution someone is using and switch banners/logos? Any suggestions and help would be most welcome Whatever is the easiest for me to understand
  3. The Queen of Typos
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

What bout making a background image that matches the background of your logo and then tiling that?

You could also make the background a shade that matches your logo and then center the logo to the page.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem is, the logo is made up from a photo image so is quite detailed. I was going to try a javascript resize, one that picks up what resolution someone is using and resizes the image to suit.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo