1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What should I build a site with?

I am in need of two websites. One is a personal project page and another is for an eCommerce site.
    I want to host both sites on the same server and share databases and I want them to look fairly the same.
    I want the same user database to be shared with a community board (forum). This way, the user doesn't have to create multiple user
    accounts to access all I offer and I will be offering many items (over 8k products) and many services.

I posted on a couple of sites offering to pay freelancers to build my site. I don't know much about web development and they are throwing
    a ton of questions at me. So I am hoping you all can recommend to me, what to ask for and what to look for.

I know I don't want a WordPress or CMS site. I think I want a RoR site, but CakePHP comes up allot. I know I need SEO and my site
    needs to be mobile compatible. But that's about all I know, besides the fact that these sites are going to cost allot along with hosting them.
    Finding a host is another issue I am having....

So what all would you guys recommend. I want to shoot to the stars here, build an eCommerce site such as Amazon or something just
    as popular, with all the bells and whistles. I am not new to the retail trade, I am just old to the web trade. The last eCommerce site I had
    was built seventeen years ago with PHP. It did great, but that was back then. I left the retail trade for other adventures, and now I am
    ready to settle down and give it another go. My "brick & mortar" is doing fine, but I see a loss by not reaching out onto the internet.

Thank you all in advance, feel free to ask questions.
  3. No Profile Picture

Hey what's you budget for making a site? And which domain name are you interested to build like- .com .org .sg or any?
  5. No Profile Picture

My budget is fairly open but we would like to keep it to $2,500 or less. We already own 2 .coms.
  7. No Profile Picture

So what are you planning to have .org .sg or such? You need to define your requirements as you have to give the developer or freelancer the requirements for your website to develop. K2 Website Design is one of the best website design services that develops websites in various platforms especially Wix. Kindly call them for helping your out. They have best developers that will give you what you want.
  9. No Profile Picture

"what to ask for and what to look for?"
    -Ask them if they have a portfolio or work samples. So you will have an idea of what kind of website they build.
    -Ask them to describe their website design and development process, the technologies they use and how long they have been using it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo