1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Where can i buy web server at best price

hi friends i am looking some web hosting sites but all are very costly so please help me of buying it.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Andrew Weiers
    hi friends i am looking some web hosting sites but all are very costly so please help me of buying it.
    Hi
    I am not sure where you are (i am in the UK) but hosting services should be in the region of 5/month. If you are looking at much more than that then look around further.

many hosting companies are trying to encourage people to buy "Dedicated Servers" / "Virtual Servers" or "VPS hosting" or a;; sorts of stuff that you really do not need unless you are quite a large company.

I don't know how good these companies are and i am a bit of a noob at this as my company site has been hosted on a college server for about a decade but here we go;
    www.justhost.com
    www.vidahost.com
    www.34sp.com
    www.heartinternet.co.uk
    www.lcn.com
    www.tsohost.com
    www.ipage.com
    www.memset.com

The first on the list really put me off with that dodgy used-car salesman type pitch. (Don't get me wrong there are some very decent used-car salesmen too). So i nearly didn't go for them but when i scratched the surface they were the only ones that mentioned everything i wanted.

Some of the others didn't even mention PostgreSQL! I know most people prefer MySQL so they would have been happy with the rest and frankly it looks like most people prefer Ftp to Ssh too (or dodge the whole issue). So in many ways the reasons for choosing who i did were down to fairly personal choices.

Note that whatever deal you get with a hosting service they are going to try to encourage you to upgrade and they will try to make upgrading as easy as possible. So, starting with the ultra-cheapest deal with the people you like best and then see if you do need to upgrade after all. Chances are that you wont need to.

Buying a domain name for a year should cost around 10 but some hosting companies might offer special deals on buying extra ones such as the .com, .net, .co.uk in addition to whichever one you picked. Some might give better rates if you buy the domain for a longer period, say 2 or 4 years.

I suspect that you have been looking at web-design companies that also offer hosting and have been seeing the prices they charge for design. One of those offered me hosting for 65 which is waaay above the 5/month i had been hoping for but then i realised they were charging for a full year in advance. JustHosts special offer is for 4 years up-front but we had the 120(ish) and the potential peace-of-mind is a bonus.

Regards from
    Tom

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo