1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Client is killing me - need advice!

I have a client who hired me to re-design his DJ site. He is adding venue pages for all the places he entertains - ok so far. When we discussed this page early on, he said he wanted to add "some pictures" of all the different venues. No problem. Each venue will have a different page, so that will allow me to have the pictures split out on all the different pages - 1 page per venue.

He tells me tonight, 2 weeks from go-live, that there's a little more than 4,000 pictures of all the places he wants to add! I tried to explain web page "weight" etc - also suggested he pick the "top 10" for each place - he just doesn't get it. He wants to add them all....

Are there free picture sites (like flickr or something) where you can "embed" the photos on the site?

Honestly, I don't know where to turn with this one - do I add thumbnails on the pages, with pop-out larger pictures? Will be a TON of work to do all the coding for so many pictures.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

for adding lots of image in website for different page use j query slider that's helps you manage the website loading time and manage the picture.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Thumbnails + pagination are the best solution for displaying so many images on a page without killing its load time.

It would obviously be a massive pain to code that by hand. Not really practical at all.

A simple server-side script could do this dynamically though. It would only take an hour or two (for someone who knows what they're doing) to write a simple script like that.

Make the client sort the images into folders though, one per venue, if they're not already sorted.

Maybe a good opportunity for you to learn php or some other server-side technology. Alternatively, if budget allows and you know someone who knows a server-side language, pay them to do it instead.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo