1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Color combinations suggestion from designers needed. Did I do it right?

Here's my blog h t t p: // valcun.com. I have made the Base text color as bluish. is there any professional designer here who can suggest something? I am not very satisfied with the look. I am thinking it should look vibrant and attractive to all age groups.

I tried making this bluish text as red but that doesn't look very nice. please suggest how else can i make my blog look attractive. Is it any good?
  3. No Profile Picture

Feed Back on colours!

I am not a designer, but I would like to say that the basic principle for all web presentations is, don't use more than 3 colours. This may be considered old hat, but I believe it to be a good guide.

I checked out your site, it looks really good, very well done!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The aesthetics of sites is the bane of my existence (I have no idea what is a good color scheme), so I can't provide much personal help. However, here are a couple of resources I find helpful.

First, there's a "roll your own color scheme" here: http://colorschemedesigner.com/ (There are a few other's too, but I find this one fairly simple and flexible.)

It helps to show you colors that work well together according to color theory. But there are many options, so you have to do a lot of work to figure out what is right for you.

What I've done is choose a color that will be part of the scheme, then use that tool to choose related colors.

A little bit easier, I think, is looking at what some proposed schemes by people who have put together a number of palettes. That can give you some inspiration. There are supposedly 2 million here: http://www.colourlovers.com/

Finally, I recommend reading the following article by Eris Poringer. She is a web designer who I think has a really good eye for color schemes. She has a nice set of articles about choosing color schemes here. http://www.inertia-unlimited.com/category/color/color-schemes/
  7. For POny!

I'll contribute 1 thing:

You horizontal menu is not popping out. Atleast the font is not due to the dull background of it. either make it white #fff or a more interesting background color: #222229 With a white font #fff

for instance
    #access{background: #222229}
    #access a{color:#fff;}

Biggest tip, look at your design and make sure the important things pop out (like a menu, logo, intro). You can do this by using contrasting colors.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo