1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Creating a forums website? Please help.

Ok guy and girls please be patient with me as I have no idea about computer lauguage nor do I have any idea on how to create a website and thats why I am here. I have been searching for someone to develop a website for me that includes forums, shoutbox, etc for a gaming community.
    I have googled it and it brought me here so I am hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction.
    I understand it does have costs involved and there are also monthly costs for running a website and thats ok.
    I also am a member of a gaming community now so there is a forums already that you can use as reference.
    Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

The basic things that you'll need are:
    1. A domain name
    2. A hosting account
    3. Forum software

When you get the domain name and hosting account set up, you can install the forum software and start to build your forum. A lot of hosting accounts these days come with some sort of package installer so you can use that if you feel more comfortable doing it automatically.

After you do this you will need one or more people to act as administrators and/or moderators for the forums so that things don't end up in a free-for-all mess like a lot of unmaintained forums do. You can also think about getting a different design for your forum, as well as adding modifications to make it work more to the way that you want it to (this depends on the forum software though).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo