1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What is the difference between web design and graphic design?

Hi all,

I want be a web designer. What courses should i take. I wanna make the websites i make interactive attractive and great and also have fun doing it, but it looks like i should take both web designing and graphic design or what ever. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    David
  3. No Profile Picture

Graphics design can be a part of website.. Website is designed by graphics design.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by sk01234
    Graphics design can be a part of website.. Website is designed by graphics design.
    web building is a web developer

and the other fancy part of the site which is graphic is done by graphic designer
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

According to me what I would like to say is:-

-Graphic Design really focus on how to design graphically pleasing layouts. You would learn about color theory, typefaces, the relationship between design elements when placed on a page and just generally how to make things, either printed or displayed in another way, look appealing.

-Web Design would require many of the skills of a good graphic designer but also, you'd need to learn how to write web pages. You'd probably start by learning HTML which is the scripting language web pages are made up of. You'd move on to current and updated languages like XML and cascading style sheets.
  9. No Profile Picture

Web Designing v/s Graphic Designing

Web Designing is term of designing a web page. It is the skill of creating presentations of content (usually hypertext or hypermedia) that are delivered to an end-user through the World Wide Web, using a Web browser or other Web-enabled software. Whereas Graphic Designing . Graphic designing is the applied art of arranging image and text to communicate a message. It may be applied in any media, such as print, digital media, motion pictures, animation, product decoration, packaging, and signs. It is a skillful combinations of text and pictures in advertisements , Wall Posters , magazines and so many.
  11. No Profile Picture

According to me if you want to design the full flashed website then go for web designing. Web designing is more into website designing and graphics designing is more into creating graphics.......

Comments on this post

• Scorpions4ever disagrees : Stop lying that you're from the US. Are you so ashamed of your country of origin that you have to lie about it?
  13. No Profile Picture

Web Vs Graphic designer

In a logical world, both web designers and print designers would belong to the parent category of “graphic designer.” This is at least the way that I look at it. Are both disciplines not the practice of graphic design, just separated by medium?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Web V/s Graphic Design

Web Designing includes graphic designing in it, Web designing means an art of designing webpages and websites.
    While Graphic Designing focuses on mainly designing attractive layouts for the web.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by David Saga
    Hi all,

I want be a web designer. What courses should i take. I wanna make the websites i make interactive attractive and great and also have fun doing it, but it looks like i should take both web designing and graphic design or what ever. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    David
    Hi Guys designing for web and print are two different experiences. Just because a designer is good at one doesn't mean they'll be good at the other. It's necessary to understand that web and print share many similarities, but they also have many differences.
  19. No Profile Picture

Graphic Design is usually related to print and art created via a computer. Web design is art strictly for the web, such as web templates, graphics etc.
  21. No Profile Picture

Graphic Design would focus on how to design graphically pleasing layouts. You would learn about color theory, typefaces, the relationship between design elements when placed on a page and just generally how to make things, either printed or displayed in another way, look appealing.

While Web design overlaps graphic design in the graphics and overall appearance and flow of the site, but web design also includes all the technical aspects of creating a website, such as the coding past basic layout.

Thanks
  23. No Profile Picture

Web design is art of designing of a Web page or Website, it includes the information and user interface design, and programming.
    Graphic Designing is the process of designing website using graphics like logos ,print designs and also designer uses designing tools along with his creativity to design web graphics.
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by swapnil7
    Web Designing includes graphic designing in it, Web designing means an art of designing webpages and websites.
    While Graphic Designing focuses on mainly designing attractive layouts for the web.
    Web design overlies graphic design in the graphics and overall look (layout) and flow of the site/pages, but web design as well contains all the technical aspects of creating a website, such as the coding past basic layout.
  27. No Profile Picture

in graphic design, you wil be more into designing logos and such for companies. web design, you'll still be working for companies, but you'll mainly be working on making their websites. i dont know which one makes more money though.

good luck!
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Web design is basically designing a webpage or a complete website. But graphic design incorporates everything, in which you design logos, images, banners, flash etc.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo