1. No Profile Picture
    Junior Memberette:)
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question

I am making a multi layered page in dreamweaver and when i go to convert it as ... layers to tables .. it won't allow me because it has nested layers and overlapping layers. Can i not use overlapping and nested layers in dreamweaver? It won't allow me to convert to IE.3 either. Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Seņor Member
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

You can use overlapping and nested layers in dreamweaver. However, tables cannot have overlapping cells -- i think that is the reason you are getting that error. Do you have an example of your code you can show us?
    Michael
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Dreamweaver will not convert layers to tables if the layers overlap (as said by Michael in his reply).
    If you believe the recent statistics, it's a waste of time converting to anything which won't handle layers anyway.
    Netscape 3, less than one percent - IE3 less than three percent.

One way round the problem would be to make use of the Dreamweaver browser checker and send version 3 users to an entirely different (but similar looking) page.

Good luck.
    Chalky.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Junior Memberette:)

Smile Layers overlapping in Dreamweaver

Chalky i'm not familiar with the browser checker yet , does Dreamweaver add a code that checks the visitors browser? So in that case I can just save my site the way it is now, and make a compatable page for a version 3 browser? I guess I'll have to dive back into my Dreamweaver Bible ! Thanks Chalky and Pieux ! I love this site it's so helpful
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Amelia, in Dreamweaver 4 it's in Window, Behaviors, Check browser. Don't know about DW3.

Chalky.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo