Results: What Graphics Applications do you think is the BEST? 

Voters
0 You may not vote on this poll

• Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
    0%
  • 3D Studio Max, Maya, InfiniD, etc.
    0%

Thread: Graphics Apps

1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Graphics Apps

I'm just wondering what is the most popular and most effective grfx apps u guyz have been using. [it may be a raster-, vector- or even a 3d-based application program]. I'm kinda doing a survey on what would i use best.

I'm into 3d modelling right now but I still don't know what to use best and what is the most easiest to use. Price may also be considered, though
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

for professional use:

2D graphics (pixel) : photoshop (i bet 95% of other users will agree). and get "kai´s power tools" for cool filter effects.

2D (vectors): freehand (never used it but our graphics artist swears it is the best)

3D graphics: imho Cinema4D XL. not that expensive but very powerful and easy to learn. even does consider physics properties with release 8.

ps. your poll is senseless. you asked "what is better: 2D or 3D?" this makes no sense. and corel draw is crap. imho for home use only, but then you better save the money and go with some shareware + gnu tools (like gimp)
    Last edited by M.Hirsch; August 5th, 2002 at 01:11 PM.
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Oh! Sorry about that. I posted it the wrong way. I am supposed to ask for an opinion about what is the BEST in Raster Graphics, Vector Graphics, and 3D Graphics individually. It's just that I don't know how to organize [is that the right word for it?] the options for each area.

And I admit that the poll seemed NONE SENSE (afterall).

Anywayz, thnx for posting a reply though...:
  7. No Profile Picture
    Moderator =(8^(|)
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

I tried Freehand and had trouble with the interface. Not to say it's bad or anything, but I've gotten used to Illustrator, and being that Photoshop and Illustrator work very similarly to each other, I've found they make the best companions.

I haven't used Cinema 4DL, but I have a few friends who love it. I've found 3D Studio Max to be very easy to work with, and Blender is quite good once you get used to the interface (it makes sense once you understand it, trust me).

The GIMP is great, but it's not Photoshop. Don't try to work with text using the GIMP if you can avoid it, it's frustrating.

Flash is, suprisingly, a very nice illustration program. You can manipulate the image much more easily than with more powerful tools, though you can't do more powerful things with it, obviously.

I had a positive experience with PaintShopPro when I was learning, too. I even prefered it over Photoshop for awhile (for some reason, I think it was having one color for each mouse button). I grew out of it when I started using some more advanced Photoshop techniques, but the price is much easier and AnimationShop is very good with animated .gifs.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo