1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need Help from the Experts

I am hoping someone who knows something about website designing would read this. We are conducting a research about website creation and I just want to ask if anyone here knows how long does it take for a designer to finish one website? Thanks in advance for your feedback, Ness.
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by ness@bizzbuzz.c
    I just want to ask if anyone here knows how long does it take for a designer to finish one website?
    From my own experience, somewhere between 10 minutes and 2 1/2 years.
  5. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

I'm sure your research will yield great results.

Personally, I don't even know what you mean by "website designing". The graphical design? A bunch of static HTML pages? An actual web application with code behind it?
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi Jacques1

How about an actual web application with code behind it?
  9. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by ness@bizzbuzz.c
    How about an actual web application with code behind it?
    Oh, that makes it so much easier...

I'm sorry to say this, but you'll never get a concrete answer for a question like this and the more you try, the worse the answers you get will be.

There's no single formula for determining how long a system will take to develop. There's just far to many variables that you need to know about, too many possibilities of what might actually need to be done, and too many ways to implement different ideas. If you want to know how long it will take to build a website or application you need to have complete specifications and functional requirements. Anything less then that is at best a guess.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo